Menendez Brothers
Household Fires Again at L.A. Prosecutor
Revealed
|
Up to date
The Menendez brothers‘ household has plenty of hope after Governor Gavin Newsom spoke concerning the brothers’ case … although they’re nonetheless dissatisfied after L.A. County District Legal professional Nathan Hochman‘s latest feedback on Erik and Lyle‘s case.
The Justice for Erik and Lyle Coalition — a bunch led by Menendez relations pushing for his or her launch — held a digital press convention Thursday the place they addressed key info about Erik and Lyle’s case and responded to statements made by L.A.’s high prosecutor.

Anamaria Baralt — Erik and Lyle’s cousin — kicked off the feedback … saying Governor Newsom calling on the Board of Parole Hearings to conduct a “risk assessment investigation” is a big sigh of aid for the household, which is happy to listen to somebody in energy is being attentive to Erik and Lyle’s plight.
That stated, Baralt additionally took D.A. Hochman to process … calling it harmful to current a Nineteen Nineties narrative about sexual abuse trauma — one the place victims are questioned about their response to the trauma.
Final week, D.A. Hochman stated the Menendez brothers’ alleged sexual abuse and two items of recent proof — the letter Erik wrote to his cousin detailing the alleged abuse and testimony by a member of the band Menudo claiming he was additionally abused by Jose — doesn’t imply Erik and Lyle deserve a brand new trial.

Goodell and Baralt additionally hit again at Hochman’s criticism of the letter Erik despatched to his cousin Andy Cano … saying it could be litigated totally in courtroom — however, individuals want to recollect Andy was a child when he obtained the letter, and he won’t have recognized what to do with it.
Erik & Lyle’s cousin Tamara Goodell stated the household’s relationship with former District Legal professional George Gascón was a lot totally different than the one they’ve with Hochman … and referred to as not listening to concerning the constructive contribution the Menendez brothers have made within the jail system from D.A. Hochman extremely disheartening. Baralt stated it was extremely hurtful as a result of they spoke to Hochman simply weeks in the past about their generational trauma.

TMZ.com
We spoke with the D.A. earlier this week on “TMZ Live” … and, he acknowledged that proof of the alleged abuse might be considered by a decide on the resentencing listening to subsequent month — it simply does not change something on his finish.
He additionally says he listened to snippets of our “2 Angry Men” podcast the place Harvey Levin and the brothers’ lawyer Mark Geragos talked at size with Erik and Lyle. Hochman says his crew will evaluate the present in full within the coming weeks.
BTW … this is not the primary time the Menendez fam has fired off on the D.A.’s feedback. Within the quick aftermath of Hochman’s press convention, the household launched an announcement accusing Hochman of silencing survivors of sexual abuse.
The Justice for Erik and Lyle Coalition was shaped late final yr to advocate for the discharge of the brothers … even supposing their two victims — Jose and Kitty Menendez — had been clearly additionally family members.

As we informed you, California Governor Gavin Newsom has requested the state’s parole board to conduct a risk-assessment investigation into the consequences of the potential launch of the siblings. Newsom already has a clemency petition on his desk, so it appears the choice on whether or not to free Erik and Lyle is now squarely in his fingers.