It’s a good week to be a Call Of Duty: Vanguard or Warzone: Pacific player.
Not only does a 2XP weekend event kick off today, the big Festive Fervor holiday event starts tonight and runs through Christmas.
Here’s everything you need to know about Festive Fervor including start and end times, new game modes and changes to the maps in Vanguard and Warzone. Scroll down to the bottom to see how you can get free COD Points also.
When does Festive Fervor start and end?
The holiday event kicks off tonight, December 16th, at 9pm PT / 12 am ET (Dec 17th). The event corresponds with a few other holiday perks so the actual end-date is hard to pin down. For instance:
- The 2xp / free access time starts today and runs through the 21st.
- The 12 Festive Days Of Deals started December 14th and runs through the 25th.
- Holiday Sales (I guess this is different from Days of Deals?) start today and run through January 5th.
MORE FOR YOU
What To Expect In Festive Fervor
Festive Fervor brings new modes, challenges, rewards and festive decor to both Call Of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone: Pacific.
The main features include:
- Twelve Days of Deals on Classic Bundles. Starting on December 14, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Bundles will be available at a holiday discount for use in both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Pacific.
- Sleigh in Style with New Vanguard Bundles. Four festive Bundles highlight new Store offerings as we rotate to 2022. Use these in both Vanguard and Warzone Pacific.
- Krampus Is Coming… For anyone who doesn’t play the objective in Vanguard, or whoever dares to find him on Caldera, prepare for his wrath….
- Elf Team Six, Reporting for Duty. Find these mischievous holiday helpers across Vanguard and Warzone Pacific and earn rewards.
- Vanguard Owners Get 10 Tier Skips, 10% Seasonal XP Boost, and More. Receive these gifts by purchasing and playing Vanguard before December 31. All owners will get these items starting on December 16, 2021.
- The Main Event: Complete Festive Fervor Challenges, Get Rewarded. Thirteen total items, including a Weapon Blueprint for completing all six Vanguard or Warzone Pacific challenges.
The Elf On The Shelf stuff sounds fun. These little buggers will be hiding across Vanguard multiplayer maps and the new Caldera map. Destroy them in Vanguard to earn Killstreaks.
I also love the idea of Krampus hunting down players who don’t play the objective. That’s brilliant! Can we make Krampus a permanent feature in objective modes please? Pretty please??? Krampus also targets campers in TDM.
Challenges in Vanguard multiplayer include destroying elves, playing Shipmas (holiday Shipment) and opening presents—er, Care Packages. Rewards include a Battle Pass Tier Skip, a Double XP Token and cosmetic rewards.
Armageddon mode also heads to Vanguard during the event. Formerly known as Drop Zone, this is basically TDM with a twist. At set control points across maps, teams fight over continuous falling Care Packages. Once a certain number of Killstreaks are collected, the zone rotates to a new point on the map.
Armageddon is a very fitting name for this mode, as the sheer number of Killstreaks means utter chaos every time.
In Warzone, you’ll find Festive Fir Trees which really stand out on the new jungle island map. These are marked on the Tac Map so they’re easy to find.
You and your squad need to stay within a tight radius of these trees for a short period of time and a bevy of holiday supply boxes will appear filled with loot and a chance at Legendary items. You can also find special limited-time rewards and coal in these supply boxes.
Krampus also heads to Warzone where he hunts random players. He’s especially drawn to the smell of coal, however. Krampus hunts last three minutes. If you and your squad can take him down you’ll earn a permanent reward.
Elf and Seek also heads to Warzone during the Festive Fervor event. If you get within 10 meters of an elf you’ll hear it taunting you. Destroying the little demons will earn you rewards like a Double XP Token and a Calling Card.
Tis The Season For Charity
The Call Of Duty Endowment, a charity designed to help veterans find good jobs, is part of this year’s Jingle Jam. This is one of the biggest video game charity events of the year. Since 2011 when it first began, the Jingle Jam has raised $20 million. You can donate here.
Free COD Points
I’m also feeling the holiday spirit right now, which is why I’ve just kicked off yet another Free COD Points giveaway! Check out the video below and read the video’s description for how to enter. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
I’d love it if you’d follow me on social media or one of these other spots!
Thanks and happy holidays!